Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sooo.... I HAVE ANOTHER NIECE NAMED AMELIA PEARL NORRIS!  I can't wait to meet this new little soon-to-be water bug.  This lil bundle of sunshine is a perfect addition to the Norris-Lowcher clan, and we couldn't be more blessed.

On the other note I am finally in Quito, rather just outside in a suburb called Cumbaya, stumbling my way around with my horrendous Spanish but it's getting a little bit better each day.  It's been cloudy and raining a-lot now that it's transitioning to their winter.  I'm still settling in and have yet to really visit Quito.  I am living with a mother and her two daughters (15 and 11), their grandmother, and their golden retriever pooh, pronounced as poo, like Winnie the Pooh.

Since the area around Quito has a good amount of crime, the town house I am in has a locked security gate and alarm system in and around the house.  So anyone trying to get into any windows or doors will send the alarm off.  This also includes going downstairs to the kitchen in the morning before the alarm system is shut off.  The instant one steps off the stairs and onto the first floor triggers a siren that can be heard from down the street... So as you can see where I'm going with this, yea it happened the first morning (only hours after I landed at midnight), but I was not the culprit.... this time.  Instead my roommate who is also a student happened to accidentally set it off.  And as these things go, the security company calls to see what happened etc.  However, while there's a phone in my room (or was, someone removed it now), I figured that the other phones in the house would go off too.  Wrong about that, so after the 20th ring I dug out from under the covers and answered the phone.  But I don't think I need to describe what happened next, I'm sure you can imagine how that went seeing as I don't have a phone in my room anymore.

Snapshot from the view in my neighborhood.   




No comments:

Post a Comment